Wednesday, July 2, 2014

South Carolina: Day 3 Adventures

Boy, was day 3 an adventure down near Hollywood, South Carolina. Yes, I'm in Hollywood. 

The day began with me running errands with Aunt Nancy. We needed to make a trip to the local Piggly Wiggly in downtown Hollywood. On our way there, we decided to see what downtown had to offer for future references. We discovered a Chinese restaurant called China Fun. What a different... (and interesting?)...name for a restaurant. We didn't go in the restaurant, but I guess there's plenty more activities we already had in mind that day...

Tuesdays. Who knew that TUESDAYS would be the day, the one day, that Botany Bay would be closed. Not us. Long story short, we went anyway, because we did NOT see the sign by the church, and a park ranger told us that we needed to get out. Though we did not happen to see the sign by (one of the 20) the church saying that this  particular area of the beach was, in fact, closed on Tuesdays.

While we were there, though, we did get some great pictures. On the drive up to the bay, the trees create a tunnel of mossy branches and and shade and it looks so cool. I was able to get a few pictures and Tracy took a few also. I'll post those up when I get them on my computer. 

Another little sighting that we had was when we were actually on the bay, about 3 or 4 wild dolphins were swimming so close to shore, that my dad was able to stand up in the water at about the distance that they were out. They lingered about 25-30 feet away from my dad for a minute or so, and we all just took in the sight. We also got pictures there, which I will upload later.

Day 3 was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment