Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Bad Haircut and Smooth Teeth

If you still decided to read this despite the awkward title, thank you, let's be friends!

Two things I'm sharing with you today:
1. My dog's bad haircut
2. My smooth teeth

1.) Cooper got shaved. He looks likes a bobble head/baboon/orangoutang-thing. But I still think he's cute. Enjoy these pictures of him. That is all.
Before...

Before...
After… As you can see, Cooper was not too happy about his new 'do'


There's that smile!


I think he decided to make the best of it and pose of the camera… He knows he's adorable no matter what! 
Begging dad to love him… Dad was and is not a fan of Cooper's haircut. Cooper is still trying to win Dad's love back! 

2.) My teeth-- I found out a few months ago that I have a tooth enamel condition called "enamel hypoplasia" which is when the enamel doesn't develop properly, and it grows to be thin, with many pits/ridges/bumps, and sometimes tiny little 'holes' or 'dips' in the surface. This is caused be defective enamel matrix formation, and/or vitamin D deficiency. 
My teeth, being so pitted, bumpy, and uneven, trapped a lot of stain. My teeth were visibly yellowish in color. I tried whitening for a while, which helped a little bit. For the most part, though, after whitening, my teeth would look great, but at the end of the day, they'd look like they always looked; yellowy and ridged. My teeth caused a confidence issue for me, even though I regularly take proper care of them. 

 The dentist told me that despite the appearance of my enamel, I actually had pretty strong and healthy teeth. (Whew!) Though my teeth are healthy, we decided to make them look just as healthy as they really were. So, about three days ago, I got my top front 6 teeth smoothed over. I have never had or felt smooth teeth before, and lemme tell ya… it is AMAZING. All of you out there with naturally smooth teeth, be proud of your enamel's smoothness! I know that it isn't a common thing to have enamel hypoplasia (according to my dentist), but I never knew how much I'd love the feeling of smooth teeth. Such a confidence booster, and, as weird as it may seem, my teeth feel stronger and healthier, too! 

And now for the pictures… Brace yourselves, the following images are graphic (don't worry… it's just teeth! You might be a little bit grossed out though!)

Before… I took this with an iPhone, so it's not very clear...

The top two are AFTER my treatment, the bottom two photos are BEFORE.


After!


Top photo--before, bottom photo--after. 



No comments:

Post a Comment