Monday, June 9, 2014

The Summer 2014 Bucket-List

I think that it's a great idea to have a summer bucket list. Each time you do something, you get to check it off and know that you've actually done something fun and productive instead of just sitting around and staring at a wall all day. Wouldn't it be great to say, "That was the best summer ever." (until the next summer, hopefully the summers just keep getting better.) I mean, I know it's kind of a cheesy idea to create a bucket-list for the summer, but when the activities on it are realistic, then I'm all for it. Just list what you think would make your summer the best summer ever, and BAM. You've got yourself a summer bucket list. Try new things, especially activities that are fun, or maybe even some community service. 

My friend Olivia and I made a summer bucket list of things to do when we are together. (Which will probably be all the time). Recently we've found ourselves stumped on what to do that could be fun, and, most of the time, inexpensive.  So, we decided to make a bucket-list for this summer. We each are each other's best friend, and we have done so many different things together, but we want to do fun things that we've never done before. Here's our bucket list: 

  • Camping 
  • Boating
  • Paint Fight (fill water balloons with paint)
  • Shaving cream mixed with paint slipping' slide. (messy but so fun!) 
  • Live After Five (Free concerts downtown) 
  • High School Musical Movie Marathon (always a favorite movie series)
  • Vacation (planning on Lagoon)
  • Buy a meal for a homeless person
  • Community service (bake at Ronald McDonald House/Play with kids at homeless shelter) 
  • Float the River
  • Ice Cream (Goody's-More than once)
  • Pull an all-nighter (no sleeping for one whole night!)
  • Starbucks/Dutchbros for the activity listed above. 
  • Tubing
  • Ziplining
  • Hyde Park Street Fair
  • Mani-Pedis
  • Bonfire (with s'mores)
  • Scrapbook
  • Chalk Art
  • Go to the fair
  • Throw a party 
  • Play hide and seek in Wal-Mart
  • Play Badminton
  • Go canoeing or kayaking
  • Plan a successful prank
  • Hike Table-Rock
  • Release Floating Lanterns
  • Make a Time Capsule
  • Beach? (oregon coast?)
  • Tie-dye
  • Sandcastle (beach?)
I'm sure we'll have more to add soon ;)

Anyways, I have a few of my own personal goals for myself this summer: 

  • Run everyday, or at least workout 6 days a week when XC practice starts-- even when I can't make it for practice. 
  • Make a "memory jar". Every day that something good happens, I will write what happened on a piece of paper and put it in the jar. At the end of the year, I get to read all of the memories. 
  • Train cooper to be a good puppy. (in the process of)
  • Walk cooper every day that I see him. 
  • Walk barney 
  • Walk Sadie (I have lots of pets to walk)
  • Make my new room a place that I really genuinely love. 
  • Keep busy all day each day (unless stated otherwise)
  • Read at least 1 book a week this summer, starting last week. (I'm really bad about reading. I need to do it more because I actually enjoy it!) 
  • Go to South Carolina 
  • Go to Seattle and Harstine. 
  • See my brother's college. 
  • Boogie Board in South Carolina with Ryan. 
  • Meet my new baby cousin
  • Get more tan than I've ever been before. 
  • Babysit and make money $$$$
  • Help those in need; donate my clothes/Ronal McDonald House/Homeless shelter. 
  • Bake 5 new things. 
  • Bake s'mores brownies
  • Craft
  • Make my Brother a book for college. 
I might be missing some things, but I definitely want to keep busy this summer. What's on your bucket list for the summer of 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment