Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Moving, Cross Country, and...MY BIRTHDAY!!

The fall is finally here!

Except where is the "sweater wether"? It's definitely not here because it was almost 80 degrees outside yesterday during cross country practice!

Anyways, I'm here to give you all an update on my crazy life!

So, as you might know, I'm getting closer and closer to moving in to our new house. Even though it may not be completely ready this weekend, the house is pretty much livable as soon as the carpet goes in! With that, we will be moving in this weekend! I am so excited to finally live in a house that I know is ours!

Secondly, the cross country season is winding down a little bit. We have two more meets left, garaunteed. City and districts are the races that are left. Right now we have a bye-week. So we have a couple of days of rest, which is really nice.  If we do well in districts, we can make it to state. This would push cross country all the way to the end of October.

An update on my personal achievements of cross country would be that I finally beat my PR of the season! My PR for most of this season has been at my very first meet, the Jimmy Driscoll. But, now we are towards the end of the season, coach says that it is likely we will all be starting to peek our times. He was right! The last two races have been good ones. Starting with the Bob Firman, I got a 21:41. My original PR was 22:09, so it's almost a 30 second PR. The race after the Bob Firman, the Oxford Classic, (last week's race) I PR'd again and received a 21:30. Hopefully I keep that up!

Lastly, it was my birthday yesterday! Woohoo! The big 1-6! Usually on my birthday I don't feel much older. After all, it's only a day older than when you were the previous age (in my case, 15). But this year I feel much older! I feel like 16 is kind of a transition year between being a bit immature and being mature. Sounds about right for me!

Anyways, that's all I've got for now!

Ryan has gone off to college, and has been there for a couple of weeks already. He seems to be enjoying it! We are visiting him in a couple of weeks, which should be fun!
I think that this college thing with him being away and all has actually already started to make us closer. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment