Friday, November 14, 2014

The First Snow of the Season

 World history class yesterday in 5th period, 1:00 p.m. :
Me: (Sitting towards the front of the room) "Mr.Crump, do you think there will be a snow day tomorrow?" (as I look out the window at the snow)

Mr. Crump: "Noooooooo. Definitely not." (shakes head)

Me: "Why not? My weather app says it's going to snow all night…"

Mr.Crump: "There's never been a snow day on the first day of snow since I've been teaching. It just doesn't happen."

Me: "Well there's a first for everything…"

Mr.Crump: "That's right, but it's not going to be tomorrow. Hate to break it to you."

Well what'd you know… it just happens to be a snow day today. 

So today, on this lovely snow day, I've been at home by myself with the dogs. I've been some-what productive, I guess. I walked the dogs a couple of times, and Cooper absolutely loves the snow. He's never been around snow before, and on the two walks that we've gone on today, he's been doing nothing other than sticking his face deep in the snow, laying in the snow, and, of course, eating the snow. I walked to the store earlier today and made a bunch of holiday treats because when I have nothing else to do, I make food. I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (for the third time in the past month and a half), peppermint-chocolate "moose-munch", and cinnamon-sugar pretzels drizzled with white chocolate. It's been a pretty good day to say the least. 

I am also here to give a quick update on my life this past month. In case you don't know, I've spent the last month moving in to my new house, which has been going pretty smoothly. I don't really have any pictures of boxes though, so, here are some other pictures of everything I've done besides moving in.


Cross country ended about 3 weeks ago.


I got to visit my friend, Sarah, in Seattle! She moved away at the beginning of summer and I haven't seen her much since! It was so much fun!

We went shopping at Nordstroms and walked around downtown Seattle.

A family-friend told me that I had to go to Trophy cupcakes in one of the local malls. They said it was the best cupcake they'd ever had. Though Georgetown Cupcake is still my favorite, Trophy Cupcake was a pretty close 2nd.

I watch a lot of baking shows and dessert shows and cooking shows because, again, I am a foodie. I love sweets, and I love to learn how to make them. On a TV show called Unique Sweets, they featured a pie shop in Seattle called High 5 Pie. This pie shop was probably about a 5 minute walk from my brother's campus at SU, so we stopped by. (By the way, the thing I am holding is a pie pop… a rather genius invention)

Awww Ryan! (he's all into wearing beanies now)

Sarah and I high-fiving for pie! (get it?!)

This was my last race of the season, districts. The JV girls, JV boys, Varsity girls, and Varsity boys all placed 1st in our district! Woohoo! 

I started to take Cooper up to Camel's Back, our local park, and we hiked all the way to the top of the hill. The view made every step worth it. 

I had my friends over to do an Ouija board a couple of weeks ago… it went well. (I can't speak of what happened during the Ouija board session, but lets just say it definitely works.)
Oh, and we had an ice cream sundae bar… it was delicious. 

I tried to make Cooper pose for me but of course he thought I was playing around so, naturally, he started chewing on my hand. No biggie. 

Cooper and I started taking dancing lessons… they are going pretty well. We can swing dance pretty well, and we are currently working on the tango. 

We're best buddies. 

Cooper's first sight of snow! He won't stop looking out the window and staring at it!





No comments:

Post a Comment