Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Finals Week

I say this every year, but my brain has never felt more like mush. My mind is swirling with vocabulary, formulas, conjugations, maps, and math problems. My eyes are throbbing from this headache that I've gotten from being so tired. (which means I should probably be in bed... but, oh well)

It is finally finals week, and it couldn't have come soon enough. Last week went by really slowly... like it felt like time had slowed down and was 10x slower that it actually is. Now, though, since it is finals week, time is going by a little bit more swiftly. I've been nonstop studying for finals, with the thought of winter break in the back of my mind. I just keep telling myself that once I get through this, I get to have almost 3 weeks of no homework... 3 weeks on not even thinking about school.

I've been daydreaming about what treats I'm making for Christmas this year.
The idea of baking peppermint bark cupcakes and red velvet crinkle cookies is making me even more anxious. Baking is something that makes me feel relaxed and happy and in the holiday spirit. Because of finals, "getting into the spirit" isn't much of an option yet.

My friend Katie and I already have an idea to go to yoga one morning of Christmas break to relieve all of our stress that has built up. Sounds good to me!

As I type this, I'm looking at my poor dog, Cooper, who, earlier, was dressed up as a snowman for our Christmas picture. I've been wanting to do a really cute Christmas photo, and on Pinterest I saw some sweet puppy pictures of dogs and wanted to replicate one. I bought Cooper a snowman costume and went for it! I still have to wait for the right lighting but I think it'll turn out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment