Saturday, December 27, 2014

A White Christmas

For the past week, I've been tracking the weather for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There was no sign of snow until today, the following Saturday after Christmas. Then... all of a sudden, almost like a miracle, a light snow appeared on Christmas Eve, making a white Christmas to be possible the next day. I have not had very many white Christmases, but when I think of Christmas, one of the things I think of is snow. I guess I was lucky this Christmas, because I got to wake up to a fresh blanket of snow and frosted tree branches outside my window, greeting me with a good-morning and starting my Christmas Day off great. 

Every year, I try not to forget the real reason of Christmas. This year, about a week before Christmas, I was walking Cooper when I cam across a house with a sign. At first I couldn't tell what it said, but as a drew closer, I could finally read the sign. It read: Jesus is the reason for the season.

This made me smile because I knew that these people's hearts were in the right place. Sure, giving and receiving gifts is a great time to be thankful for what we have received and be kind and give to others, but what about the real reason behind this all? This year I felt especially obligated to go to mass, because of that sign. I needed to acknowledge that I knew what the reason for Christmas was. For weeks all I've heard is friends talking about what they want for Christmas, and I finally got over that once I saw that sign. So, thank you to the people who put that sign up... cheers to you! 

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Cooper got a new rope for Christmas (along with a squeak toy and a ball... all of which he has not stopped playing with)








No comments:

Post a Comment